Chris Horton | B2C
It’s 2012 and you’ve realized you need to get a website up—okay check. I should be good now, right?……right?
If after dedicating time and money to website development you’re still not seeing the leads flow in, here are a few tips that will help transform your site from an expensive brochure to an online lead generating machine:
1. Start thinking Google – Google is the new Yellow Pages
- Worldwide, we conduct 88,000,000,000 searches per month on Google
- 57% of Internet users search the web every day
2. Ranking high on search engines is no longer optional, it’s critical
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results
- 60% of organic clicks go to the top of organic search results
3. Content will set you free
- The average budget allocated by companies for blogs and social media has nearly doubled in two years
- Companies who blog generate 70-90% more leads per month than those who do not
4. Social Media isn’t a fad, it’s a Revolution
- 2/3 of US internet users regularly use a social network.
- The average internet user spends 4.6 hours per week on social media sites compared to 2.9 hours spent on online gaming
5. Calls-to-Action – Use them, or you’ve missed the point completely
- Simply placing a call-to-action form on your website such as a ‘Free Trial’ gives visitors a chance to interact with your brand and become a quality lead
Remember, if your brand isn’t using web and social to actively generate leads online, you’re missing the point- it’s kind of like fishing without a hook or bait: you watch web traffic click on your site and then ”swim” on by, heading for the website that provides meaty content and a sharp call-to-action. Sounds like fun, right?