In my recently updated Turkey recipe post, I promised you the recipe for my mom’s (Shirley) broccoli casserole – here it is!
- 3 cups of chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup water
- salt to taste
- 3 well-beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup of cracker crumbs
- 1 large jar of Cheeze Whiz (450g)
- Cook the onions in butter.
- Add flour and water, stirring until thick.
- Mix in 1/2 of the jar of Cheeze Whiz, broccoli, beaten eggs – keep stirred.
- Pour in remainder of Cheeze Whiz.
- Pour into a casserole and top with cracker crumbs
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes