Trying out a great way to do beef brisket during the winter months, in a crock pot. This works great, even with smaller cuts of meat too.
Love to hear from other BBQ fans…
- 5-6 lb. beef brisket
- 18 ounce bottle of BBQ sauce (1 ¾ cups)
- 2 TBS. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 2 tsp. coarse black pepper
- ½ tsp. Onion powder ¼ tsp. liquid smoke
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp. liquid smoke
- Combine all ingredients except brisket in removable liner of Crockpot. Add brisket and turn to coat well with sauce. Marinate brisket in liner with lid for 3-4 hours or overnight in refrigerator (this is best).
- Place liner in base, cover and cook on Auto for 8 hours. Low for 9-11 hours or High for 5-6 hours.
- Remove brisket from Crockpot when fork-tender and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing Serve with side dishes, such as baked beans and cole slaw. Also, can be served in a Kaiser or Hoagie roll with chopped onions and sliced jalapeño peppers and extra sauce. Delicious!