Saw this on Facebook from a family friend, Sally. Looking forward to trying this one!
RANCH ROASTED POTATOES
- 2 pounds potatoes (unpeeled, washed and cut into chunks)
- ½ cup ranch dressing (bottled, not packet)
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus more for topping (if desired)
- ¼ cup crumbled, cooked bacon
- 1 tablespoon all purpose dill mix
- 3 scallions, washed and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix together, in a large bowl, the ranch dressing, dill, cheese and bacon. Add in the potatoes. Sprinkle in a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat potatoes. Spoon into a greased 9 x 13 baking stone. Cover with foil. Bake for 60 minutes.
Stir gently halfway through to get the bottom potatoes rotated so they don’t become burnt and to ensure that the middle and top potatoes get a chance to brown. Remove foil. Raise oven temperature to 400 degrees. Gently stir again, as necessary.
Bake for an additional 15 minutes, then sprinkle on a little more cheese, if desired. Bake a few more minutes or until everything is gooey, browned and bubbly on top. Serve with scallions sprinkled on top for garnish.