I am a strong proponent of effective meetings. I often find myself reminding colleagues and clients how to structure, organize, communicate and setup a “proper” meeting.
A good checklist I find to help with this is:
- Logistics (where, how, time, date, technology for meeting/conference call)
- Does everyone know what the meeting is about? Has this been communicated effectively and in writing?
- Are there any special considerations? (privacy, confidentiality…).
- For some meetings with clients, do you need a pre-meeting so that your team is all on the same page?
- Does everyone know the expected outcomes? (ie. when we are done, we expect to accomplish…).
- Who is chairing and recording the meeting (minutes, recording, action items, follow-up)?
I hope you find this helpful!
This article is another good starting point too: