Made the best Greek chicken and potatoes this week. I was inspired the show Eat Street, where a famous Greek truck in New York was featured. As they said, “Lemon and Oregano is the secret of great Greek food!”
I don’t have specific quantities/amounts for the ingredients, just use enough to coat liberally (for the oil). I did that, and the whole family loved the results!
Cut 4 or 5 boneless breasts into 3 pieces, for each breast.
- Add to a bowl and add your 1/4 cup favourite oil
- Add about a 1/4 cup of lemon juice (you cannot add too much, so have fun with it).
- Add 2 TBSP of Paprika – this adds the colour
- Coat liberally with oregano.
- 1-1/2 type red wine vinegar
- 2 tspn finely minced garlic
- 1/2 tspn dried thyme
- Mix together by hand and let chicken soak for an hour or two.
- Cook on grill, oven or pan – your choice or as the season dictates…
- I always prefer to cook the potatoes completely ahead of time (baked or micro).
- Cut potatoes into wedges, 4-6 per potatoe.
- As with the chicken, add oil, lemon juice and oregano.
- Cook – brown the potatoes for about 15 minutes in a non-stick pan.
Note: as an alternative, Greek rice can be made in the rice cooker, simply add 1/2 cup of lemon juice and a touch of oregano.