LEADERSHIP is my favourite business topic!!
Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Cake:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons natural cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring (liquid, not paste or gel)
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
For the Frosting:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, cut into 8 pieces, softened
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- For the cake: Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 9-inch round baking pans with nonstick cooking spray. Line bottoms of pan with parchment and spray parchment. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. Whisk buttermilk, vinegar, vanilla, and eggs in large measuring cup; set aside. Mix cocoa with food coloring in small bowl until a smooth paste forms; set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium-high until fluffy, about 2 minutes, scraping down bowl as necessary. Add one-third of flour mixture and beat on medium-low speed until just incorporated, about 30 seconds. Add half of buttermilk mixture and beat on low speed until combined, about 30 seconds, scraping down bowl as necessary. Repeat with half of remaining flour mixture, remaining buttermilk mixture, and remaining flour mixture. Scrape down bowl, add cocoa mixture, and beat on medium speed until completely combined, about 30 seconds. Using a rubber spatula, give batter one final stir. Pour into prepared pans and bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool cakes in pans 10 minutes then turn out onto rack to cool cakes to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- For the frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix cream cheese, butter, vanilla and salt at medium high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes, scraping down bowl with rubber spatula as needed. Add confectioners’ sugar and mix until very fluffy, about 1 minute. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- When cakes are cooled, spread 2 cups frosting on one cake layer. Top with second cake layer and spread top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 3 days.
Great way to make your cheese garlic bread, you can make your topping in advance and have it ready to go just before your main course is cooked.
- 1/2-1 cup margarine
- 3 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Microwave margarine in medium glass bowl for about 40 seconds or until about halfway melted.
- Mix in all ingredients, using a fork.
- Spread mixture over bread (use your favourite french loaf/stick, left over buns, etc. – your choice).
- Place on baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes at 450, until top is golden brown.
This is a fabulous recipe for meatballs – the kind that you can eat with pasta or even on their own with your favourite sauce!
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chuck (85% lean/15%fat), or a mix of meats (my preference)
- 4 slices white bread (make fresh crumbs in blender or food processor)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper (a few grinds)
- 1/2 cup grated romano cheese or 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons water
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Combine all meatball ingredients (except for oil).
Form into balls about 2-1/2 inches in diameter.
Fry meatballs in oil in skillet a few at a time until browned on all sides (not necessary to cook through they will cook in the sauce, if you’re making spaghetti) Add fried meatballs from skillet directly to simmering sauce.
Simmer your sauce for 2 hours (your recipe here…).
Remove meatballs from pot of sauce and place on serving dish.
Here’s a good outline for a process of creating an inbound offer. If your organization is looking to utilize inbound marketing, simply follow these steps and also deploy sound technology for implementing your inbound strategy.
For those of you who are involved in creating ongoing content for marketing offers, here’s a great post on stirring up some creativity…