This is a fabulous recipe for meatballs – the kind that you can eat with pasta or even on their own with your favourite sauce!
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chuck (85% lean/15%fat), or a mix of meats (my preference)
- 4 slices white bread (make fresh crumbs in blender or food processor)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper (a few grinds)
- 1/2 cup grated romano cheese or 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons water
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Combine all meatball ingredients (except for oil).
Form into balls about 2-1/2 inches in diameter.
Fry meatballs in oil in skillet a few at a time until browned on all sides (not necessary to cook through they will cook in the sauce, if you’re making spaghetti) Add fried meatballs from skillet directly to simmering sauce.
Simmer your sauce for 2 hours (your recipe here…).
Remove meatballs from pot of sauce and place on serving dish.