You watch a great cooking show, they gear-up your appetite by showing you fabulous creations – then you get inspired…
Yup, the result is this bbq sauce, which I’ve modified a bit, creating a great sauce for ribs (we loved it on my fall-off-the-bone bbq ribs).
- 3 cups of ketchup
- 1-1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tspn fresh black pepper
- 2 tspn minced onion (from the bottle)
- 2 tspn mustard powder
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tspn red pepper flakes (or to taste/desired heat)
- 1 tspn red pepper (or to taste/desired heat)
- In a sauce pan, combine all ingredients except the Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 90 minutes – stirring regularly.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice, then simmer for another 30 minutes.
- You can store for use in an air-tight container (should be good for 3 weeks or so).