During the summer I’ve always loved to cook polish sausage on the grill. Here’s a great year-round recipe for that bbq taste, but cooked in the oven and prepared – all in under an hour.
The sauce here is great! You will not believe the taste of this dish, one of my most surprising dinners!
- Coil (2 lbs or so) of polish sausage – cut in 2″ – 3″ pieces
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1-1/2 cups of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tspn of liquid smoke
- 1/2 tspn garlic powder
- In a sauce pan, add the ketchup, brown sugar, onion, liquid smoke and garlic powder.
- Cook for 5 minutes – or until heated through.
- Place polish sausage in a casserole dish (rub inner surface with butter or non-stick spray).
- Pour the sauce over the meat.
- Cover and bake at 350 degF for 45 minutes.
- For a more complete meal, add pre-cooked (or left-over) potatoes to the dish of the sausage before adding the sauce. The potatoes taste great!