Whether you are promoting a business, book, a marketing piece etc. – online presence is an absolute essential for your sales and marketing efforts!
I love to use Google Apps – Google’s equivalents to Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc. All of these tools can directly create PDFs all while in the cloud (Google Apps being cloud apps). PDFs are my favourite method of sharing documents and information, all while preserving the physical layout of the original design (this is particularly useful in the publishing & IP design world).
Now that Adobe have moved to the cloud as well, with its new Adobe Creative Cloud, I receive regular information direct from Adobe. I ran across this recent article on PDFs and thought I’d share it…
Working with PDF formats allows professionals to edit, share, collaborate and ensure the security of the content within digital documents. Now, the PDF can do that much more. Here is the top 10 hit list of why it is the best format.
1) PDFs are Universal. Editing documents in Word can be easy and useful, but if you save a Word document on a Mac, it may not visually transfer properly to a PC; whereas PDFs are viewable on any device.
2) Trusted Security. Even legal professionals trust PDFs as their preferred file format. According to Legalscans.com, for an electronic document to be admissible in a court of law, it must be created in a file format that cannot be altered without leaving an electronic footprint. PDFs satisfy that need.
4) Decreases File Size. Professionals can convert any file into a PDF without sacrificing quality. You can even merge multiple documents, such as spreadsheets, photos, and presentations, into a single PDF file.
5) Reading is Free. Most PDF Readers, including Adobe Reader, are free to the public. This ensures that anyone you send the file to will be able to see the full version of your document.
6) Interactive Documents. To create a fully interactive experience, the latest version of Adobe Acrobat allows you to add hyperlinks, rich media, music, movies, and many other advanced features to your PDF.
7) Mobile Access. Adobe Reader is available on any device, so people can read your PDF files anywhere they want, while still accessing a lot of the same functionality they would get on a desktop.
8) Completely Searchable. Users can easily find what they are looking for through a quick search. PDF documents can even be organized with a table of contents that link all sections to the appropriate pages in the file.
9) Password Protection. Many industries deal in sensitive material or intellectual copyrights that need an even higher level of security. The password protection option allows both recipients and those receiving the file to know that their information is secure.
10) Document Analytics. Recipients can also view who has access to the information. If the password is breached, the appropriate actions can easily be taken.
Bonus) Collaborating with Teams. Colleagues can markup and comment on documents, leaving you in control of editing the original, even if they only have Adobe Reader.
Motivated Publishing Studios has been in business since 1997 and has produced/published books, eBooks, custom print materials, sales & marketing collateral, websites, social media content, audio programs, DVDs, Blueray, HD video, business systems, process mappings, and other custom intellectual property pieces for a diverse array of clientèle – ranging from professional athletes, international public speakers, political leaders, Fortune-500 companies, marketing entrepreneurs and first-time authors.
Our core expertise and work includes:
- Professional Self-Publishing (books and eBooks)
- First-Time Authors (what you need to know)
- Book and Publishing Marketing (social media, web, Amazon, etc.)
- Packaging Public Speakers (IP development, print, audio, video, web)
- Optimizing Your Business (process mapping, business improvement)
- Marketing Systems (MLM systems, direct selling models)
Contact us today, to discuss your needs for improving your business or developing a core product for your business – we will motivate your message…